Sunday, March 25, 2012

Weekends with Kat

Another busy weekend with my daughter Kat. She has been sooo happy!I love taking her shopping and for car rides. To learn more about my sweet angel read her story on this blog. Anyway- Kat's favorite store Wal Mart was at the top of the chore list. We were well into our shopping when I noticed 5 adults from one family staring. This is not an issue with me. Lots of people stare at Kat. But in the past they either look away quickly or comment on how beautiful she is. Not this family of onlookers. They literally stopped in the isle and pointed and stared. I just stared back and finally said "wow" out loud. This did not deter them. They continued to stare as they rounded the corner. I have NO IDEA what their story is. They could have been mesmerized by how sweet her face is or how she has a trach or that she has Down Syndrome or maybe they have a history with children that have disabilities. I can only guess what made them stare. All I know is that I would rather have someone approach us and talk to us than to have another encounter with people that made me want to cover her and protect her. What would you have done?

                                                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment